Glencoe Software builds and delivers innovative, scalable, easy-to-use scientific imaging solutions for its clients and partners. Our proven image database technology makes the viewing, sharing, analysis and management of large sets of images and metadata easy and accessible to everyone in a group, team, project or organization.
Glencoe’s products are installed and used in several world-leading academic labs, biotechs, pharmas and publishers, solving mission-critical problems in high-content screening, digital pathology, and many other modalities. Through our OEM licensing programme, our software tools are embedded in some of the world’s most powerful and market-leading software data products. We combine world-beating technology and expertise with dedicated, reliable customer support.
Glencoe is looking for a vibrant, thoughtful and motivated UK based Biological Data Science Specialist to help drive our continued growth and ensure the success of our customers. As Glencoe’s Biological Data Science Specialist you will work closely with some of the brightest researchers in academia, biotech and pharma. You will help develop and extend Glencoe’s world leading image data management and processing tools and make critical contributions to our customers’ research and discovery missions. You will leverage your experience in life science research to help our customers achieve their research goals by utilizing Glencoe’s image data solutions. You will conduct training, workshops, support and troubleshooting. You will work as a voice of the customer and will provide feedback to sales and product teams to improve our products, services and technology.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Designing, deploying and running scientific computing pipelines in HPC and cloud computing environments
- Providing customer support as a subject matter expert in data science and scientific computing to advance their research and enable new discoveries
- Providing end-user documentation, training, workshops and technical applications support
- Working with the sales team to provide pre-sales technical demonstrations and scientific consultation
- Providing the voice of the customer to sales and product teams
- Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or other computational discipline, or equivalent experience in academia, industrial life sciences, and/or biomedical R&D
- Practical research experience in one or more of the following areas: bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, and life sciences
- Fluency with statistical and machine learning techniques such as logistic regression, decision trees, neural networks, graphical models, clustering, and dimensionality reduction
- Familiarity with data visualization tools and proficiency in Python, SQL, and NoSQL databases
- Ability to travel to work with customers across Europe and North America
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in the context of both technical and non-technical audiences