Glencoe Software builds and delivers innovative, scalable, easy-to-use scientific imaging solutions for its clients and partners. Our proven image database technology makes the viewing, sharing, analysis and management of large sets of images and metadata easy and accessible to everyone in a group, team, project or organization.
Glencoe’s products are installed and used in several world-leading academic labs, biotechs, pharmas and publishers, solving mission-critical problems in high-content screening, digital pathology, and many other modalities. Through our OEM licensing program, our software tools are embedded in some of the world’s most powerful and market-leading software data products. We combine world-beating technology and expertise with dedicated, reliable customer support.
Glencoe is looking for a vibrant, thoughtful and motivated East Coast USA-based Community Manager to help drive our continued growth and ensure the success of our customers. As Glencoe’s Community Manager you will leverage your strong interpersonal skills, passion for education or outreach, and experience in bioimaging to communicate and advocate for Glencoe’s image data solutions. All of Glencoe’s staff work with our customers, some of the brightest researchers and IT professionals in academia, biotech and pharma. In this role, you will help disseminate, develop and extend Glencoe’s world-leading image data management tools and make critical contributions to our customers’ research and discovery missions.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work closely with Engineering, Product and Applications teams as well as Glencoe Software customers to evaluate opportunities for education, outreach, and marketing efforts
- Represent Glencoe Software to the outside community through participation in and presentations at industry conferences and workshops
- Contribute to user training and product workshops
- Create technical documentation and marketing materials, including release notes, blog posts and webinars
- Drive internal and external community engagement, including planning and running Glencoe Software staff and customer meetings.
- Research new product areas or extension points for existing products. Announce and advocate for Glencoe Software’s product roadmap and strategy both internally and externally.
- Practical research experience in one or more of the following areas: microscopy, histology, digital pathology, multiplexed imaging, high content screening, spatial transcriptomics
- Experience in education or community outreach, especially in the demonstration, installation, operation and troubleshooting of biological/biomedical image software or hardware applications
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience and interest in scientific or other technical communication
- Demonstrated history of understanding complex scientific or technical workflows and presenting them in user-facing formats
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse team members including scientists, engineers, designers, etc. and synthesize feedback to deliver on projects
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple ongoing projects
- Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Exposure to or interest in scripting languages such as Python, MATLAB, ImageJ macros, R, etc.
- Exposure to or interest in bioimaging and image analysis