Glencoe Software builds and delivers innovative, scalable, easy-to-use scientific imaging solutions for its clients and partners. Our proven image database technology makes the viewing, sharing, analysis and management of large sets of images and metadata easy and accessible to everyone in a group, team, project or organization.
Glencoe’s products are installed and used in several world-leading academic labs, biotechs, pharmas and publishers, solving mission-critical problems in high-content screening, digital pathology, and many other modalities. Through our OEM licensing programme, our software tools are embedded in some of the world’s most powerful and market-leading software data products. We combine world-beating technology and expertise with dedicated, reliable customer support.
Glencoe is looking for a vibrant, thoughtful and motivated East Coast USA-based Image Application Specialist to help drive our continued growth and ensure the success of our customers. As Glencoe’s Image Application Specialist you will work closely with some of the brightest researchers in academia, biotech and pharma. You will leverage your experience in life science research to help our customers achieve their research goals by utilizing Glencoe’s image data solutions. You will conduct training, workshops, support and troubleshooting. You will work as a voice of the customer and will provide feedback to sales and product teams to improve our products, services and technology. You’ll help develop and extend Glencoe’s world leading image data management tools and make critical contributions to our customers’ research and discovery missions.
Other responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing training, workshops and technical applications support
- Working with sales team to identify, develop and close high-value sales opportunities
- Providing the voice of the customer to sales and product teams
- Attending industry meetings, conferences, local and national exhibitions, conduct product seminars
- Practical research experience in one or more of the following areas: microscopy, histology, digital pathology, multiplexed imaging, high content screening
- Experience with laboratory information management and data management systems
- Experience in the demonstration, installation, operation and troubleshooting of biological/biomedical image software or hardware applications; previous field applications support experience is preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Degree in Life Sciences or Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience in academia, industrial life sciences, and/or biomedical R&D
- Ability to travel frequently to work with customers across North America, ideally with a base in a major US East Coast city
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, MATLAB, ImageJ macros, R, etc.
- Familiarity with or expertise with image processing tools and algorithms used in the life and biomedical sciences