Glencoe Software builds and delivers innovative, scalable, easy-to-use scientific imaging solutions for its clients and partners. Our proven image database technology makes the viewing, sharing, analysis and management of large sets of images and metadata easy and accessible to everyone in a group, team, project or organization.
Glencoe’s products are installed and used in several world-leading academic labs, biotechs, pharmas and publishers, solving mission-critical problems in high-content screening, digital pathology, and many other modalities. Through our OEM licensing programme, our software tools are embedded in some of the world’s most powerful and market-leading software data products. We combine world-beating technology and expertise with dedicated, reliable customer support.
Glencoe operates worldwide and is now looking for a vibrant, thoughtful and motivated Junior DevOps Engineer to setup, administer, and support local and cloud based OMERO Plus installations for new projects in Digital Pathology and elsewhere.
- Remote administration and monitoring of Linux systems at customer sites and in the cloud
- Automation and enhancement of existing products and services
- Working with customer IT teams to integrate our solutions with the internal and 3rd party systems
- Installation, upgrades, maintenance and configuration of customer OMERO systems
- Training and support of customer IT teams related to our solutions (monitoring, storage, etc.)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Linux administration (CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu)
- Experience with the cloud platforms (AWS/Azure/GCP, etc.)
- Experience with virtualization and container technologies (Docker/Kubernetes/VMware, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages (Python, Bash, PHP - Python preferred)
- Experience with distributed source code control systems such as Git
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible/Puppet/Salt, etc.)
- Experience with Web services (API/REST)
- Experience with container orchestration tools such as ECS or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines such as Gitlab CI, Github Actions, Circle CI, or Jenkins
- Experience with additional programming languages (PowerShell, Java, C, etc.)