Glencoe Software builds and delivers innovative, scalable, easy-to-use scientific imaging solutions for its clients and partners. Our proven image database technology makes the viewing, sharing, analysis and management of large sets of images and metadata easy and accessible to everyone in a group, team, project or organization.
Glencoe’s products are installed and used in several world-leading academic labs, biotechs, pharmas and publishers, solving mission-critical problems in high-content screening, digital pathology, and many other modalities. Through our OEM licensing programme, our software tools are embedded in some of the world’s most powerful and market-leading software data products. We combine world-beating technology and expertise with dedicated, reliable customer support.
Glencoe operates worldwide and is now looking for a vibrant, thoughtful and motivated individual based in the UK to setup, administer, and support OMERO installations for new projects in Digital Pathology and elsewhere. Responsibilities include:
- Installation, upgrades, maintenance and configuration of customer OMERO systems
- Remote setup, maintenance, and monitoring of Linux systems at customer locations
- Troubleshooting of filesystems and storage infrastructure
- Working with customer IT teams to integrate the OMERO platform with HPC and other systems
- Training and support of customer IT teams related to the OMERO platform (monitoring, storage, etc)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience dealing with end users and customer support
- Experience with Linux based operating systems (CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu)
- Experience with configuration management (Ansible/Puppet/Salt)
- Experience with virtualization and container technologies (VMware/Xen/KVM/Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with OMERO platform and/or other scientific applications
- Experience with source code control systems (Git, Subversion, CVS, etc.)
- Experience with the cloud environments and HPC environments (Slurm etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, etc.